By 1 min read· ·
Earlier this year I did a soft launch of tellmemyip.net — a lightweight HTTP and HTTPS endpoint that returns the IP address of the host making the request.
The service provides plain text versions, ie:
- please.tellmemyip.net — version that responds over IPv4 and IPv6.
- ipv4.tellmemyip.net — version that responds over IPv4 only.
- ipv6.tellmemyip.net — version that responds over IPv6 only.
You may also request a JSON response by specifying the “/json” path, ie:
- please.tellmemyip.net/json — version that responds over IPv4 and IPv6.
- ipv4.tellmemyip.net/json — version that responds over IPv4 only.
- ipv6.tellmemyip.net/json — version that responds over IPv6 only.
Unlike many other services based on a single server, tellmemyip.net is built using AWS Lambda@Edge and served with AWS CloudFront. This ensures not only high availability, but as your request is sent to the nearest location the response will also be fast.
If you have any feedback on this service, please get in touch.