Happy New Year
· 1 min read
Sure, it’s a little bit late - but Happy New Year!
So what did I do in 2011?
- I left my job of almost 10 years.
- I took a much needed break - two delightful months off work.
- I moved back to Sydney, after 6 years in Canberra.
- I testified for the first time in the Supreme Court (house burglary).
- I travelled. I added Chicago, Dallas, San Diego, Akaroa, Auckland, Dunedin, Milford Sound, Napier, Tauranga and Bay of Islands to my “visited” list.
- I travelled some more. I ended up going to Auckland and Wellington twice, plus a bunch of cities within Australia.
- I experienced my first earthquake whilst near Christchurch.
- I got to see my first ballgame - Texas Rangers vs Cleveland Indians at the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, TX.
- I drank a cocktail (well, several) at one of the world’s highest bars - Signature Lounge on the 96th floor of the John Hancock Center in Chicago.
My New Year’s Eve was celebrated aboard the beautiful Radiance of the Seas on Tasman Sea approximately halfway between Auckland and Sydney. The evening started at 6pm with dinner and the first bottle of Moët & Chandon.
Throughout dinner a further two bottles of Veuve Clicquot were consumed, before leaving dinner at approximately 8pm.
Soon after dinner we moved to one of the other bars “Starquest” and consumed even more champagne and assorted beverages to bring in the New Year!
In hindsight, 2011 has been one of the most interesting years of my life. I certainly look forward to what 2012 holds!